Saturday, May 1, 2010

Chemical-Free Moisturiser

For more than a year now, I have been making my own moisturiser. My inspiration again came from Julie's blog, Towards Sustainability. I really love Aloe Vera, so her homemade moisturiser recipe seemed to be just what I was looking for!



I found an old, empty pot of Sorbolene Cream, washed it out and make the moisturiser directly in this container. I find that a mix of 4 tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel and 1 tablespoon of vegetable glycerine makes the perfect amount for the size of my pot. It keeps really well (although my bathroom is pretty cold and dark all year round) and a little bit goes a long way! It took a little getting used to at first, as the texture feels quite sticky. I was quickly hooked, though, and I would have to say that of all the homemade cleaners/toiletries I've tried, this is my hands down favourite. I love that it has no fragrance, and it feels so cool and moist when I put it on my combination skin. In summer, it is so soothing to use after spending a little too long in the sun. At this point, I can't see myself ever wanting to use anything else, especially on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment